Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day 4


I got to spend more time on my quilt blocks today that I planned on. My sciatic nerve caused my hip to pain so badly that I was forced to stay in bed much of the day . However I didn't make quite as much progress as I wanted to. I found myself having to take out stitching twice.That is just so annoying . Today I time how long it takes to stitch a length of 3.5 centimeters. It took around 1 minute. So you you would think doing that 9 times would be about nine minutes right ? Wrong , for some reason it takes longer, so I guess I take longer to do some parts than I do the others. Then of course there is threading the needle. I think times I spend half the time threading the needle. I have a needle threader , but I also have progress lenses , with 3 different areas in my lens. That makes it hard to see the eye of the needle . I found my fingers get pretty stiff as well after awhile even my shoulders hurt. I think it because I tend to hold my needle much too tightly. I even clench my teeth . This kind of funny because this is supposed to be a relaxing hobby.
Well , it is the end of the day here , and I have an early morning .I have a doctor's appointment and have to catch the 7:30am ferry to the mainland .

No comments: