Saturday, June 9, 2007

Day 2



It is 6:05 Atlantic Standard Time (AST) I just sewed 9 white hexagons together. They have to sewn in a certain order so they the will fit around the flower.Doing this is almost like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. You have to do it just right or it won't fit. I left space in the flower so it can be joined to the block above it. It really is a time consuming,but rewarding process. Some of my white hexagons are already sewn together from when I worked on this in 2005.Most of them are only sewn together in two. but even that saves me time now. I am thinking trying to assemble two blocks a day ( one block is equal to one flower with the proper number of hexagons sewn on it) I guess I will play it by ear, and see how my time and energy goes. I spent a bit more than an hour on it today, and I had to stop because I found myself falling asleep . I will get a picture added to this before I go to bed this tonight As you can see by the picture I have added I got a good start on a second block this evening.

1 comment:

Lou said...

I cannot imagine the amount of sewing I see that you have to do on this quilt. Really I will barely pick up a needle to sew a button on. I'm cheering you on!