Monday, August 13, 2007

Post 14 - August 13

When I made my last post I didn't expect that I wouldn't post anything for almost a whole month. However, I have made a few changes in my life . As a result I spend less time at my computer, and more time outside . Biking or walking . Usually when I walk I walk the dog, and sometimes I walk on the beach, some time and walk a bit and stop to visit . Whatever variation , I am finding it much healthier.
I now have 37 flowers done. 4 complete rows, and a start on the 5 row .(almost time for another picture)
I have also been working on a couple of other projects . On Thursday of last week , I found a top that I had started a few years ago, I added one row to it . On Friday my friend Joyce and I tied that quilt.Another friend is going to bind it for me. I plan to give it to my niece for a birthday present .
Since Saturday I have been sorting through fabrics for a baby quilt for an Internet friend. I spent 3-4 hours in coming up with a design for the quilt using my EQ 6 (Electric Quilt version 6) .EQ is a software for designing quilts. I am learning to use it as I go along so it took me much longer than it should have to design it .
As if today I have 8 or 9 - 4 patch blocks completed for the quilt. They are smaller than my original design , so I am not sure how many blocks I need altogether. Either 30 or 35 . My time is up for today .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! I managed to finished my two quilts (see my blog at http://twbigdogsgirl.blogspot.com/ for details!)

I wish it wasn't so hot here as I'd love to be able to get outside and do some stuff. I have a couple of painting projects that need to be done, but not when it is up in the 90s or higher!